Established in 1980, with Over 30 Years of PROVEN Success in All Phases of U.S. Immigration law.


Many undocumented immigrants believe they have no hope of obtaining legal status or immigration benefits in the US. That is not always the case. Crime victims, abandoned children under 21, abused spouses, spouses of US citizens with close family members- can all qualify for immigration benefits and, in some cases, for permanent residency.

Can I Qualify?

Are you or have you been the victim of a crime and helped in the prosecution of your victimizers?

If so, then you may be eligible for U Visa Certification. U visas are given to victims of certain crimes who have suffered emotional or physical consequences as a result of being a victim of these crimes. Holders of U visas can live and work legally in the U.S. and then apply for their permanent residence after three years in U Status. U visa status also allows spouses, children, parents and even siblings under the age of 18 years old to be derivatives of the victims application.

Are you married to a U.S. permanent resident or citizen and did you enter the United States without being inspected?

If the answer to this question is yes, then you are most likely eligible to start processing an immigrant visa application under the recently enacted 601A regulations. These new regulations allow individuals who are married to U.S. citizens to request a waiver of that unlawful entry while still living in the United States. (Although if your spouse is a legal permanent resident, you can start now by filing the I-130 petition) This regulation removes the previous requirement that individuals file this waiver outside of the United States, and then risk having the waiver denied, and not being able to reenter the United States. This new regulation removes the “risk” and thus individuals will now know prior to leaving the United States to finish processing their visas that their cases will in all likelihood be approved.

Are you a child, spouse, or former spouse of an abusive U.S. citizens or lawful permanent residents?

If you are then you may be eligible to file for your permanent resident card under the Violence Against Women Act (VAWA). Immigrant victims of domestic violence may self petition for lawful permanent resident status without the cooperation of the abusive spouse or parent. Divorced spouses may self-petition if the termination of the marriage was related to the abuse and if the application is filed within two years of the termination of the marriage. Proof of the abuse in the form of police reports, orders of protection, medical records, recorded phone conversations or texts and psychological reports are usually required.

Are you under 21 and living in the United States without a lawful resident parents or guardians, or have you suffered abuse or neglect by lawful parents or guardians?

If you are then you may be immediately eligible for adjustment of status to a lawful permanent resident as a special immigrant juvenile (SIJ). SIJ status requires the applicant to go into Family Court and declare themselves dependent on the court. The court must than find that the applicant cannot reunite with one or both of their parents because of abuse, neglect or abandonment, and that it is not in the minor’s best interest to be returned to their country of nationality. If this is achieved then getting an approved petition from immigration is very likely.

Have you been living in the United States for more than ten years and have U.S. Citizen or Legal Permanent Resident Family Members?

If so, then you may be eligible for Cancellation of Removal. This is a relief from removal that if approved will lead to legal permanent residence. This form of relief is often a long and arduous process conducted in front of an Immigration Judge, and may potentially result in an order of removal, if the case is not approved. However, for some people willing to take that risk, it can be a viable option.

Are you born After June 15, 1981, and been living in the United States since fifteen years of age?

If so, then you may be eligible to file a petition under the “dream act” or DACA. In addition to having entered before the age of sixteen and being born after the above mentioned date you must have lived in the United States continuously since June 15, 2006 and have attended a U.S. High School, or received a general equivalency diploma (GED). If you meet all of the above requirements, but have yet to receive a high school diploma- it’s still not too late!. You only have to show immigration that you are currently enrolled in a GED program. If this application is received you will receive an employment authorization card, and be eligible to apply for emergency travel permission.