Notes: This I-94 is for a foreign worker in H-1 status. He is only authorized to work in the U.S., for the specific employer who sponsored him. Typically, this employee will not have a work card. Instead, he will have an I-94 on which the Employer’s name is noted. The employer is responsible for reverifying the employees work status before it expires.